Hello, we are KEPI.
**KEPI = The Kwantlen Educational Policy Incubator
We find educational stakeholders (parents, students, administrators, community members, and more) with a need for new knowledge about educational policy, and we either collect or create that knowledge. What we produce is disseminated through academic papers and presentations, as well as through Youtube and Podcasts. KEPI is a place to connect with the education and public policy thinkers of tomorrow.
The Surrey Portfolio Pathway Partnership (S3P), is KEPI's response to the changes taking place in the K-12 system. The S3P, is intended to create a pathway through which students from the Surrey School District can be admitted to KPU with their portfolios, which are designed to show a more complete picture of each and every individual's skills and abilities than are traditional letter grades. The goal, then, of the S3P project is to bridge the gap that currently exists between the K-12 school system and post-secondary. This goal is in line with the K-16 movement – which seeks to improve the transition from grade 12 to post-secondary study. It is also in line with KPU’s open access mandate, because of which we look for talent that others might not see.
While the S3P is our main project, the KEPI team has been featured and published in a wide range of media.
more kepi Work
KEPI in Print
- KEPI in Times Higher Education, on teaching online
- KEPI in University Affairs, on digital content creation
- KEPI's report for the British Columbia Coalition of Parent Advisory Councils, on meeting students' individual needs
- KEPI in Council on Undergraduate Research, on undergraduate research in support of community decision-making
- KEPI in Transformative Dialogues, on undergraduate research experiences and the community
- KEPI in the Kwantlen Open Resource Access, on sexual assault and campus safety
- KEPI's book review in the Philosophical Inquiry on Education
KEPI Audio and Visual
- KEPI on Soundcloud
- KEPI on YouTube, where you can see videos about apps in the classroom, the behind the scenes of research papers, and more.
- KEPI stops by RoundHouse Radio to talk school democracy